Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Updates

Our family lost another great matriarch last week. My great grandmother, Faye Louk, passed away at 89 years of age. Services were held Tuesday in Sumner. Ted and I both took the day off to support my grandparents in the loss of a mother.

At the end of the day, we went to the park. Toby was climbing the big toy all by himself! And very keen to see what all that running water business was about in the creek. (Pics to come)

Today at Jenn's house Toby said "cheese" as he got his cheesy snack!!! It's all going so fast! I know, I sound like a broken record by now.

And I've got news on the job front... I got the maternity leave position in Northshore SD to start Mid-April and possibly continue to the end of the year!!! I'm very excited about the opportunity.

Today I subbed at SAS, the alternative secondary school in NSD. It was a great day! I got to play my fair share of 4-square (which I haven't done since elementary school, myself). The kids were working on a program called Garage Band, where they make songs by mixing tracks, writing music, and recording vocals (this was science class, mind you). It was also really great to catch up with a couple of my colleagues from UW's teaching program. I would love to spend more time there.

No comments: