Monday, February 4, 2008

Superbowl Sunday and substitute teaching

So how about those GIANTS??? We enjoyed the game in the company of friends complements of Renate's family! Awesome food and a big hi-def TV. That was a really fun superbowl game, crazy catches, lots of sacks and scoring in the last 2 minutes! The commercials were somewhat lackluster. I did enjoy Will Ferrell, Shaq, and the Budweiser Clydesdales, but there were some seriously dumb commercials in there.

Back to subbing today! Another great day of substitute teaching under my belt, and I've got requests to return to the same school on Tuesday and Friday as well! I am so excited. I'm really enjoying being around the kids again. I did write 3 kids up for excessive screwing around (I gave them each 2 warnings first!) stuff like attacking eachother with scissors, throwing glue sticks across the class...these are 8th graders for Pete's sake!

I also got to help out in the class of one of my fellow UW TEP teachers today! It was so cool to see how she's doing and know a face in the building.

And Toby, oh Toby got to hang out with his new sitter Jennifer. He's in love with her 7 year old daughter and he did great today. Jennifer wrote a list of what he ate/drank/bm's and activities they did together. I'm so glad I found her. I've never gotten a warmer reception from Toby or seen him so willing to jump in his carseat. Is it wrong that I like it?

2 comments:

brindisi family said...

I am so HAPPY for you that everything is falling into place! And I'm even happier that Toby is doing so well, although I am definitly going to miss seeing him (and you!) regularly!!! You missed a fun Wal-mart trip last night :) I was gone for 2 hours!! It was heaven!!!

Stephanie said...

Glad things are going so good for you.