Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Interesting day

So today was an odd one. I took a full day subbing in a Special Ed contained learning classroom. I only took it because the teacher and 4 helpers were going to be there. It was at a Jr High way the heck out in ...I'm not even sure where! It took me at least 90 minutes to get there! I called to let them know that I was going to be late, but I figured Mill Creek - Woodinville ~15 minutes. Nope, another hour! So they called the sub office on me and I'm in hot water now. The office manager reamed me when I got there. Now I would never, ever suggest that it is okay to show up an hour late to work, but the teacher was there. I had figured I'd be a little late, but jeez!

The Special Ed kids were - well, special. At first, I was unsure how to act toward them and felt pretty out of place. But they melted my heart long before the end of the day. I did sustain a brief attack! But we quickly isolated the student in time out and he was fine about 10 minutes later.

Then a job interview for a long term job in Mukilteo SD (right by my house) for a 6th grade science position. I think it went well. They asked all the tough questions and I answered them all. I actually enjoyed the interview and felt like I had 3 new colleagues when I left. They should call me by Friday to let me know what they decide.

The cool/tough thing is I met another teacher going on leave this week in Northshore SD. She graduated from UW also and teaches Jr High life science. She is talking to someone else too, but would like to have me. If only I had run into her a week ago! So 2 possible long term jobs. So excited!!! But also dreading the decision making...

No comments: