Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The job hunt

Well, I'm all set in the sub system. Just need to find jobs now. And I've spent hours scouring ads for prospective nannies. And then hours more researching interview questions, questions for references, how to go about background checks, etc. I found one I'm really excited about, I'll interview her tomorrow. She has worked as an early child teacher (2-5 years old) for 10 years. She's staying home now with her newborn (December 2007!) and she has a 7 year old daughter in school. She's willing to accept a reasonable rate and be flexible for days when I don't get work. I hope it works out. Several of my friends are willing to serve as backup or emergency sitters, but none of them can handle another kid full time right now.

In other important news: Toby is walking up a storm today! Longest stretch was ~15 steps! I got it on video too. I'll try to get it on the web soon.

No comments: